Social Studies Saskatchewan is pleased to announce that our annual learning event will take place September 29th and 30th at the Fairfield Inn and Suites (3915 Albert St.), Regina and the Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan (3303 Hillsdale St).
To book room(s) call the Fairfield at 1-306-545-9777. Rooms are available for $135 + taxes.
Friday, September 29th
- 19:30: Fairfield – Dr. James Daschuk, author of Clearing the Plains: Disease, Politics of Starvation, and the Loss of Aboriginal Life, will be talking with us about his research on Western Canada.
- NEW! Mr. Ray Funk will be offering a screening and taking questions about the short documentary film, Reserve 107. The film examines the path to reconciliation followed by communities in north-central Saskatchewan.
- Following the Presentations – SSS Hospitality Room with (low cost!) Cash Bar.
Saturday, September 30
- 08:30: Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan – SSS AGM
- 09:30: Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan – Working with Archives staff to explore primary evidence
- Noon: Lunch, location TBD. Cost of lunch included in registration
- 13:30: Provincial Archives of Saskatchewan – continue exploring primary evidence
- 17:00: Event concludes
Cost is $200; Pre-Service teachers please contact Karen Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and special pricing.
Registration is now OPEN! We accept credit card/e-transfer payments ONLY!