The David Hawkins Memorial Scholarship
One award of $300.00 will be granted to a successful high school applicant for use toward post-secondary education. These awards recognize the scholarly and community endeavours of high school students, and promote majors in the area of history, political science, and other social sciences.
- A high school student enrolled in a Saskatchewan social science course(s), graduating to a Saskatchewan post-secondary institute.
- Entry into the post-secondary institute, preference in arts and science or education, which must recognize a major in history, political science, geography, social studies, psychology, sociology, anthropology, or other related social sciences.
- A letter of intent or need, outlining the specifics of the request for the scholarship, must accompany the application.
- A character reference by their social science teacher, with preference recognized for students of members of Social Studies Saskatchewan.
- A copy or transcript of marks (first semester final and second semester mid-term) that demonstrates academic excellence.
- Involvement and demonstrated leadership in the school and in the community.
Awarding of the scholarship will take place at the annual SSS Conference or at the recipients’ graduation ceremonies. The recipients of the scholarship must show successful graduation in order to receive the award.
For more information, contact: