- To recognize those who have made outstanding or significant contributions to the teaching of social studies in Saskatchewan.
- To credit those who have provided for responsible and influential developments in programs and curriculum.
- To recognize those who have promoted the aims and objectives of SSS and have worked towards making the Executive Committee viable, practical, and effective.
- To encourage support and interest in SSS.
The candidate must be or must have been actively involved in social studies in Saskatchewan. The candidate must be a teacher or a professional equivalent or a superannuated teacher, specializing in social studies.
Selection of the recipient will be based upon the following criteria:
- Past Member of Social Studies Saskatchewan.
- Past Member of the SSS Executive.
- Past Chair of the SSS Conference.
- Presenter at the conference or a professional workshop.
- Contributor of articles to newsletters, journals, and publication (Perspectives, etc.).
- The candidate has shown leadership and initiative throughout his or her teaching or professional career.
- The candidate taught for a minimum of five years in Saskatchewan.
The selection of the recipient(s) shall be by the SSS Executive Committee. The award will be a suitable plaque for immediate presentation and a Honorary Life Membership in SSS upon the recipient’s superannuating. Presentation of the award will be made at the Annual Conference.
Nomination deadline is March 15.
Honorary Life Members
|Karl Baumgardner||Victor Culham||Thomas Harder|
|Morley Harrison||Kenneth Haugen||Bonace Korchinski|
|Steven Luciuk||Kenneth Merret||John Newton|
|Gordon Rawlake||Brenard Riplinger||John Schaller
|James Mark Taylor||Martin Weichel||Andrew Whiteman|
|Brent Toles||Larry Mikulcik|