One bursary of up to $500.00 is made available to members to offset costs of travel affiliated with conference attendance. The bursary can be utilized for travel to the annual provincial conference or any national or international social science related conference.
Application must be made after attending the conference.
The application deadline is September 15 each year.
Criteria for selection :
- Active membership in Social Studies Saskatchewan.
- Past contributions made to SSS.
- A letter of intent outlining financial needs and the specifics of the conference attended;
- Follow-up report outlining the participation of the successful candidate and indicating a willingness to participate as a possible presenter at an annual conference.
Format for Articles by Recipients of Travel Grants
Individuals who receive a travel grant from Social Studies Saskatchewan are required to submit a one-two page article about their experiences. A suggested format for such an article is presented below.
Paragraph 1: Introduce yourself, your school, and provided basic information on the event attended (conference title, theme, location, and dates). Identify three aspects of the conference/experience that you would like to share with readers.
Paragraphs 2 to 4: Dedicate one paragraph to each of the aspects named in the introduction. It is important that these paragraphs provide specific details rather than generalizations. Some examples of topics might be
- The best sessions I attended: What were they about? Who presented them; Why were they so valuable to me?
- Interesting people I met there.
- Firsts for me at this conference.
- Inspiration – what has this conference inspired me to do?
Paragraph 5: Conclusion. Sum up the worth of this conference/experience to you as an individual (learning, personal growth, new experiences). Thank SSS for their assistance in attending. State a recommendation for others.
For more information, contact:
Reception of the bursary will follow the completion of the above criteria.