What is Social Studies Saskatchewan (SSS)?
SSS is a Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation professional growth network. We are a volunteer organization that provides quality leadership, advocacy, and resources for teaching professionals in the social sciences to help inform the next generation of active, engaged citizens.
Our mission is to support professional growth and lifelong learning of its members and to liaise with government regarding curriculum development in the social sciences.
We fulfil our mission by:
- Offering innovative professional growth opportunities;
- Contributing to the improvement of teaching and learning through the sharing of promising practices and resources;
- Engaging in research that contributes to the improvement of teaching and learning;
- Celebrating the accomplishments of students, teachers, and schools;
- Sharing appropriate information through electronic communications;
- Organizing an annual professional development event;
- Promoting collegial networking.